Trinity Rep will be holding auditions for double-cast child parts in A Christmas Carol on Saturday, September 10 from 9:00 am-12:00 pm at Cardi’s Furniture and Mattresses in Attleboro, MA for children who are local to Southern New England.
About Trinity Rep
Trinity Rep is committed to reinventing the public square and inspiring dialogue by creating emotionally-stimulating live productions and innovative education programs for all ages and abilities. Trinity Rep is recognized nationally for excellence and innovation, and cherished locally for high quality and diverse programming. Trinity Rep is proud to be a creative home for all of Rhode Island’s artists, audience, students, and community partners.
About A Christmas Carol
Trinity Rep will continue with its 46th annual production of Charles Dickens’s A Christmas Carol. Reimagined anew each season, this year’s show will be directed by Aileen Wen McGroddy, a recent graduate of the Brown/Trinity Rep MFA Program in Directing.
Audition Date & Time
Saturday, September 10, 2022, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Cardi’s Furniture and Mattresses, 999 Newport Ave South, Attleboro MA
Age and COVID-19 Requirement
- Children will need to be ages 8-12 for the full run of the show and fully vaccinated by the time rehearsals start in late September.
- Medical and religious exemptions to vaccination requirements will be granted and reasonable accommodations provided under applicable law. Please contact email@example.com if you require exemption forms. Please note requests will be reviewed but are not guaranteed.
- If you have any questions regarding age or COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon arrival at the audition, we will ask to see the child’s proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- You may send a photo in advance to email@example.com with subject line “First/Last Name: Christmas Carol Child Vaccine Card”
One (1) $500.00 stipend. Child actors shall be paid their stipend no later than the first Thursday following opening night.
- First rehearsal: September 28, 2022
- Tech begins: October 29, 2022
- First Preview: November 3, 2022
- Press Opening: November 9, 2022
- Closing: January 1, 2023
- Two children will be cast in each role, and they will play their role on an alternating basis. Each children’s cast will have a performance schedule based around any conflicts students may have.
- Mondays and Tuesdays are our days off, except for during tech rehearsal. While at this time we don’t have a set rehearsal schedule, child actors will most likely be called Wednesday-Friday between 4:00-7:00 pm, though later depending on what is needed, and Saturday-Sunday anytime between 12:00-6:00 pm. Whenever child actors are called for six hours, it is highly encouraged to bring a snack. During tech rehearsal, kids are called 4:30-9:00 pm or 10:00 pm depending on the day.
- Please note that the Child Coordinator will record music and choreography for kids to review which will be shared to parents via email, Google Drive and/or text message.
- Performances typically run Wednesday-Friday at 7:30 pm in addition to one or two school group performances at 10:30 am and performances on Saturday and Sunday at 12:00 pm and 7:30 pm. Mondays and Tuesdays are company days off.
- Please note that once performances begin, we’ll usually give a week’s notice if we need to have a rehearsal put-in for understudies. In this situation, we’ll need one child from each role to be present for blocking purposes during school hours based on a child’s availability.
- Tiny Tim (8-10 years old, any gender, Spanish speaker preferred)
- Martha Crachit (11-12 years old, any gender, Spanish speaker preferred)
- Fan (8-12 years old, female)
- Peter Crachit (9-12 years old, any gender, Spanish speaker preferred)
- Belinda Crachit (9-12 years old, any gender, Spanish speaker preferred)
- Turkey Kid (8-10 years old, any gender)
- Please prepare to read the monologue or short scene from A Christmas Carol attached here. Memorization is not required, although encouraged.
- In addition to the monologue or short scene, please prepare a holiday song of your choice either a cappella or self-accompanied, if that is a skill you have. Using lyrics is permitted and encouraged!
- Registration for child auditions is not required.
- On the day of auditions on Saturday, September 10, please arrive at Cardi’s Furniture and Mattresses located at 999 Newport Ave, South Attleboro, MA 02703 between 9:00 am-12:00 pm.
- When you arrive, you will be asked to show your child’s proof of vaccination and to fill out a form where you’ll include your child’s name, age, birthday, primary location and school, clothing size for costume purposes, and any known conflicts you may have or foresee with the dates/schedule.
- On the audition sheet, the director would like to know if your child speaks languages other than English, plays any instruments, or has any other special skills that might be relevant onstage like gymnastics, dancing, skateboarding, etc.
- Once the audition form is completed, your child will be given a number and then called in to individually audition in front of the panel as part of a group. Parents/Guardians will be asked to wait outside the audition room at this time.
- Please submit questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr. Michelle Cruz, Director of Community Engagement
- Aileen Wen McGroddy, Director of A Christmas Carol
- Gia Yarn, Artistic Assistant