Trinity Rep participates in a nationwide, collective, simultaneous action:
The Ghostlight Project!
On Thursday, January 19th, 2017, at 5:30 pm, Trinity Repertory Company participated in launching The Ghostlight Project. On the eve of the Presidential Inauguration, in each time zone across the country at 5:30 pm, theaters from Broadway to regional theaters to high schools hosted a gathering outside their doors to create a "light for challenging times ahead." This ceremonial lighting outside Trinity Rep symbolizes the theater as a safe, brave space for all people.
The Ghostlight Project's aim is "to create brave spaces that will serve as lights in the coming years. We aim to activate a network of people across the country working to support vulnerable communities." The definition for "a brave space," as created by The Ghostlight Project, is one where:
- It is safe to be who you are, regardless of race, class, religion, country of origin, immigration status, (dis)ability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- Diverse opinions, dissent, and argument are not only tolerated but invited.
- Active listening and courageous exchange are fundamental values.
- Collective action, activism, and community engagement, both within and outside the walls of the theater, are cultivated, encouraged, and supported.
How you can get involved:
- Create your own "I AM / I FIGHT FOR" poster, or a "WE ARE / WE FIGHT FOR" poster for your company.
- Post about The Ghostlight Project and share your signs on social media using the hashtags #ghostlightproject #allarewelcome #bealight
- Visit www.theghostlightproject.com for more ideas and information.