The application for the 2023-2024 apprenticeships is now closed. Check back next winter for next season’s applications
Trinity Repertory Company’s apprenticeship program offers intensive professional training at a Tony Award-winning regional theater. Apprentices are an integral part of our theater company and serve alongside our staff in artistic, administrative, and production-based departments. The apprentice program is looking for artists and professionals ages 21 and up hoping to launch a career in theater. Apprentices will learn on the job for approximately 35 weeks.
To be considered for an apprenticeship, you must complete the online application, which will be linked here soon. You will be prompted to upload the following documents:
- Professional Resume
- Cover Letter
Applications without these attachments will not be considered. Depending on the department, references or writing samples may be requested.
Details and Benefits:
- Housing accommodations
- Furnished housing with utilities provided (heat, electricity, water & Wi-Fi)
- Parking (at the house and theater)
- After deducting housing and taxes, at least $300/week* in pay
*Exact amount depends on W4 Tax Withholding Form
- Complimentary tickets to all productions
- Invitation to opening night performances and reception
- Monthly professional development and seminar series
- Eligible for Trinity Rep health insurance – employee contribution is $15/week
- Staff discount on Trinity Rep concessions and merchandise
- Opportunity to take free acting classes
- Strong community of staff and former interns/apprentices
Apprentices will not be able to work in other positions at the theater during their contracted 35 weeks, but overtime may be required on occasion and will be compensated at time and a half. Depending on their schedule, apprentices may be able to take additional work outside the theater as long as it does not interfere with their hours at Trinity Rep.
High School and Undergraduate Observerships
We are not currently offering internships or observerships for high school and undergraduate students. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.