The event happened on Wednesday, November 13, 2019
The Project Discovery Gala was a fun-filled night that includes cocktails, light dinner by Russell Morin Caterers, a live auction with unique experiences and items, and special performances by Trinity Rep artists.
Kathleen & Barry Hittner, Kate Sabatini & Michael Zabelin, and Angela Brazil & Stephen Thorne
Paul Alexander; Elizabeth Z. Chace; Curt Columbus & Nate Watson; Judhajit De; Joe & Sally Dowling; Jon & Julie Duffy; Alison & Larry Eichler; Sean Holley; Heidi Keller Moon; Tom Parrish; Kibbe & Tom Reilly
A live auction, led by acting company member Joe Wilson, Jr., included:
- An autographed copy of the unpublished play script for The Prince of Providence, signed by the entire cast and playwright George Brant
- A limited-edition art print of Providence City Hall, signed by Buddy Cianci and the cast of The Prince of Providence
- A limited-edition pop art portrait of Buddy Cianci from the historic Graduate Providence hotel
- Wine tasting party with artistic director Curt Columbus at The East End
- Behind the scenes experiences and a walk on role in an upcoming production
- A chartered boat excursion around Narragansett Bay
- Private baking class and dinner for eight paired with wine, courtesy of Ellie’s Bakery
- Exclusive New York and Boston theater experiences, including tickets to Paula Vogel’s How I Learned to Drive with Mary-Louise Parker and David Morse, the world premiere musical The Visitor by Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey (Next to Normal), and Macbeth in Stride at ART
- A getaway to Martha’s Vineyard
- A pair of coveted front-row center seats for the rest of Trinity Rep’s 2019-2020 season, including the right to renew into those subscription seats for next season
Check out the full list of auction items in the event program book here.
Did you know?
More than 1.4 million students have attended a student matinee at Trinity Rep through Project discovery since 1966.
Trinity Rep reaches nearly 20,000 K-12 students each year through Project Discovery, in-school workshops, after-school and summer classes, in residencies at schools and hospitals, and through the Trinity Rep Active Imagination Network (TRAIN), which uses drama as therapy for children with autism spectrum disorders.
Your support of Project Discovery at Trinity Rep makes a difference for the community by enriching the the region’s quality of life.
(as of 11/6/19)
Groundbreaker: Barry and Kathleen Hittner
Champions: Bob and Rena DiMuccio, Paolino Properties, The TomKat Foundation
Believers: DBVW Architects, Joe and Sally Dowling, Suzanne and Ira C. Magaziner, Matthew and Paula Marcello, Sandra Martin, Sara Shea McConnell, Alec Stais and Elissa Burke, Starkweather & Shepley, Edie and Jerry Weinstein
Southwest is the official airline of Trinity Rep