As an organization committed to creating theater for and with our community, Trinity Rep invites people to work with us in a variety of ways. Read more below or learn more about community partnerships and audience engagement opportunities.
TRINITY REPERTORY COMPANY, A LORT theatre with C and D spaces, is seeking an Electrician/Light Board Operator for the remainder of our 2017-2018 season. Responsibilities include: hanging and focusing light plots, show running, troubleshooting, maintenance, and other duties as directed by the Master Electrician or AME. Ideal candidate would have experience programming ETC EOS Family consoles, basic electrical skills, ability to work on extension ladders and at heights in excess of 20 feet, and able to lift 35+lbs. A degree in Technical Theatre or related field or equivalent work experience is a plus. EOE. Medical benefits included. Send resume and cover letter to Trinity Repertory Company, ATTN: Steve McLellan, 201 Washington St., Providence RI 02903 or email to Smclellan@trinityrep.com
The majority of Trinity Rep roles are cast from our resident acting company and the students in the Brown/Trinity MFA program. If a production calls for addition casting, audition notices will be posted here. We also hold open auditions once a year, usually in the summer, for both union and non-union actors. There are no auditions to join the acting company.
Trinity Rep is committed to the development and production of new theater works. As part of that commitment, we seek to include at least one world premiere production in each season, and work throughout the year to develop new new plays through readings and workshops. Our Mabel T. Woolley Literary Department reads and reviews hundreds of scripts, looking for new plays which support our aesthetic vision and our resident acting company.
To submit a play, please have your agent contact us at the address listed below. At this time, unsolicited scripts from playwrights without representation cannot be accepted.
The Mabel T. Woolley Literary Department
Trinity Repertory Company
201 Washington Street
Providence, RI 02903
For immediate assistance, please email Tyler Dobrowsky, Associate Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trinity Rep offers recent college graduates intensive professional training through our volunteer internship program. Interns are an integral part of our organization and serve alongside our staff in artistic, administrative, and production departments. Learn more about the internship opportunities.
The application process for the 2017-18 Season has closed. Applications for the 2018-19 Season will be accepted from mid-December 2017 – April 1, 2018.
Do you love Trinity Rep? Do you find yourself regularly talking about Trinity Rep’s productions and programs to your friends, family, and colleagues? Well, then we need YOU!
The Community Builders, a connectivity and outreach program for adults, makes you the ultimate theater insider. In return, we ask you to help spread the word about the great work we’re doing onstage and off.
As a Community Builder, you will:
- Read all of the scripts for the 17-18 season
- Meet once as a group in the fall to discuss the scripts and identify one play with which you would like to especially work on building community connections.
- Work with Trinity Rep’s Community Engagement Coordinator Rebecca Noon to identify who you will reach out to and what you will attempt (eg, bring a specific group to: First Chat, a performance, or Context & Conversation)
- Create a check-in schedule for you and Rebecca leading up to the show’s first rehearsal, which may involve email, phone, or in-person communication.
In return, you will be compensated with:
- Early access to all scripts Access to all first rehearsals (which are always Tuesdays at 1:30pm)
- Insider information regarding the shows and the artistic teams involved Input and influence on who accesses Trinity Rep and its programs
- An end-of-season celebration, including any community connections we make throughout the season.
To apply send an email or letter to Rebecca Noon at email@example.com describing why you’d like to be a Community Builder, including what communities you are a part of, what you love about live performance, and the three aspects of your life you hold the most dear.