Rhode Island’s Tony Award-winning theater, Trinity Rep has created unparalleled professional theater for and with its community since its founding in 1963. We are committed to reinventing the public square and inspiring dialogue by creating emotionally-stimulating live productions and innovative education programs for all ages and abilities. Trinity Rep strives to facilitate human connection through its commitment to being an anti-racist organization, forming meaningful community partnerships, creating a safe and welcoming environment for everyone, delivering exceptional customer service, and connecting patrons with its resident company of artists. Read more about Trinity Rep.
Learn more below about the various ways individuals can work with Trinity Rep.
Unless otherwise noted, all positions are open until filled. Trinity Rep is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse, equitable, and anti-racist environment. Trinity Rep has a fully-vaccinated workforce. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or written documentation of a medical or religious exemption is required for employment.
Brown/Trinity MFA Program
Service and Experience Department
Positions coming soon
Our 20+-year-old intern program has been reimagined. The resulting Apprentice program is designed for early-career theater artists and administrators. These are full-time positions for nine months (fall through spring) and include housing.
Applications for the 2022-23 Season will open in March 2022. Learn more.
The majority of Trinity Rep roles are cast from our resident acting company and the students in the Brown/Trinity MFA program. If a production calls for additional casting, audition notices will be posted here. We also hold open auditions once a year, usually in the summer, for both union and non-union actors. There are no auditions to join the acting company.
Volunteers are a critical part of the Trinity Rep family. Learn more about volunteer usher opportunities.
Trinity Rep is committed to the development and production of new theater works. As part of that commitment, we seek to include at least one world premiere production in each season, and work throughout the year to develop new plays through readings and workshops. Our Mabel T. Woolley Literary Department reads and reviews hundreds of scripts, looking for new plays which support our aesthetic vision and our resident acting company.
To submit a play, please have your agent contact us at the address listed below. At this time, unsolicited scripts from playwrights without representation cannot be accepted.
The Mabel T. Woolley Literary Department
Trinity Repertory Company
201 Washington Street
Providence, RI 02903
Do you love Trinity Rep? Do you find yourself regularly talking about Trinity Rep’s productions and programs to your friends, family, and colleagues? Well, then we need YOU!
The Community Builders, a connectivity and outreach program for adults, makes you the ultimate theater insider. In return, we ask you to help spread the word about the great work we’re doing onstage and off.
As a Community Builder, you will:
- Read all of the scripts for the season
- Meet once as a group in the fall to discuss the scripts and identify one play with which you would like to especially work on building community connections.
- Work with Trinity Rep’s Director of Community Engagement, Michelle Cruz, to identify who you will reach out to and what you will attempt (eg, bring a specific group to: a performance or Context & Conversation)
- Create a check-in schedule for you and Michelle leading up to the show’s first rehearsal, which may involve email, phone, or in-person communication.
In return, you will be compensated with:
- Early access to all scripts Access to all first rehearsals (which are always Tuesdays at 1:30 pm)
- Insider information regarding the shows and the artistic teams involved. Input and influence on who accesses Trinity Rep and its programs
- An end-of-season celebration, including any community connections we make throughout the season.
To apply send an email or letter to Michelle Cruz at email@example.com describing why you’d like to be a Community Builder, including what communities you are a part of, what you love about live performance, and the three aspects of your life you hold the most dear.